The first China-Myanmar Diplomacy and Defense 2+2 Consultation was held in Nay Pyi Taw on Friday with maintaining peace and stability in the border areas between the two countries taking center stage.
Vice Foreign Minister Liu Zhenmin and Deputy Chief of the Joint Staff Department of the Central Military Commission Gen. Xu Fenlin from the Chinese side and Minister of State of Foreign Affairs U Kyaw Tin and Chief of the No.1 Special Operations Bureau of the Tatmadaw Tun Tun Naung from the Myanmar side co-chaired the consultation.
Both sides agreed that China and Myanmar are friendly neighbors and the comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership between the two countries has been developing well.
The two sides also agreed that it is in line with the common interests of both countries to maintain peace and stability along the China-Myanmar border, cope with emergencies properly and boost prosperity and development of the border areas.
Both sides attached great importance to the security, rule of law, peace and stability in the two countries border areas, and the Chinese side urged the parties concerned to work jointly to strive for the earliest end of the current tense situation in northern Myanmar and restore peace and stability in the China-Myanmar border areas.
Prior to the consultation, the two sides held the preparatory meetings on Thursday.
The second consultation will be held in China in 2017.
Copyright ©1999-2016 Chinanews1
- At least 193 killed, 202 injured in Colombia landslides
- China shuts down 18 illegal live streaming apps
- Chinas Q1 GDP growth may quicken to 6.9 pct CICC
- Chinese Internet giants eye artificial intelligence
- Chinas big-five banks report slim profit rise in 2016
- Beijing expands housing purchase restriction
- Chinas SPD Bank 2016 net profits up 4.93 pct
- Hong Kong shares up 0.28 pct by midday
- Xiongan New Area to catalyze Chinas inclusive growth
- Magnificent 10 for Chinese divers at World Diving Series Kaz