China will focus on improving product quality and core competitiveness in 2017 as part of the efforts to shore up the real economy, according to a statement released Friday after the annual Central Economic Work Conference.
The country will adhere to its innovation-driven development strategy and increase the supply of high-quality goods and services, the statement said.
The government will advocate quality first among businesses, raise national quality standards, and adopt comprehensive quality management.
Businesses will be encouraged to uphold the craftsman spirit and improve product competitiveness through brand-building.
China will not only strive to boost strategic emerging sectors but use new technology and business models to upgrade traditional industries.
The government will also optimize industrial organization and improve the quality of big companies. Favorable conditions in market entry and resources allocation will be created for small businesses to ensure fair competition.
The three-day meeting saw leaders and officials sketching out the governments economic policies and priorities for next year.
Copyright ©1999-2016 Chinanews1
- At least 193 killed, 202 injured in Colombia landslides
- China shuts down 18 illegal live streaming apps
- Chinas Q1 GDP growth may quicken to 6.9 pct CICC
- Chinese Internet giants eye artificial intelligence
- Chinas big-five banks report slim profit rise in 2016
- Beijing expands housing purchase restriction
- Chinas SPD Bank 2016 net profits up 4.93 pct
- Hong Kong shares up 0.28 pct by midday
- Xiongan New Area to catalyze Chinas inclusive growth
- Magnificent 10 for Chinese divers at World Diving Series Kaz